Got a pile of bungee cords that are the wrong size or the hook at the end just doesn’t quite fit the application? The Joubert Smart Bungee System lets you connect bungee cords together, swap ends, create a three ended bungee, or create complex combinations you may’ve never imagined.

The system is comprised of bungee cords with the patented end tips and the accessories that attach to the tips like steel hooks, carabiner hooks, adjustable hooks, wall mounts, and single and double connectors.

You can buy 10pc and 22pc kits or individual components in pairs. The 22pc Smart Bungee System runs about $20.

Smart Bungee System [Corporate Site]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

13 Responses to Smart Bungee System

1. John says:

These are pretty good and Lowe’s has them reduced (half price I think).

2. Rick says:

I’ve got one of these. They are more durable than they look. I use mine all the time to carry small amounts of lumber on top of my wife’s station wagon.

3. Dave P says:

And now, a Public Service Announcement:

The National Rope Association wants you to remember–real men know how to tie knots.

Rope: It’s what’s for dinner.

4. Well said DaveP!

Teach a man to tie a few good knots and he´ll have his own ¨Smart Bungee System¨ for life.

And he´ll never have the danger of a bungee cord flicking back into one of his eyes.

Duncan.

5. Smart Aleck says:

ONE of his eyes? I know a guy who had a bungee cord take out BOTH of his eyes. Twice. Barefoot. In the snow. Uphill both ways.

(another vote for rope)

6. JW says:

They both have their merits (knots and this). I do prefer the “old school” knot tying though. But at the same time, rope doesn’t stretch like bungees though. No matter what kind of knot tying master you are.

7. Alloy A. says:

I think this would be handy when my wife does Craft/Art Shows. She knows some basics, begrudgingly, but this modular system could be used a lot of ways and I think she would be more likely to use it.

PHd

8. If you want real men, look at Amish dudes. Those guys don’t splurge on ANYthing.

9. Eric says:

Who needs bungies when you’ve got ratchet straps?

10. BigEdJr says:

Amen to Eric’s words. Who needs bungies or knots…just couple of ratchet straps and head out!

Of course I did learn all my knots as a boy scout too….just in case.

11. [...] Smart Bungee System Got a pile of bungee cords that are the wrong size or the hook at the end just doesn’t quite fit the application? The Joubert Smart Bungee System lets you connect bungee cords together, swap ends, create a three-ended bungee, or create complex combinations you may’ve never imagined. [...]

12. Larry says:

By the time I got a configuration figured out and “perfected” for a load, I could be 20 miles down the road with everything securly fastened down with my “slip and lock” bungies and or a combo of those and my trusty buckle style cargo straps.

13. Russ says:

Would like to see some straight tee’s. and would like purchase quantities of each item separately.

Russ