Programmable thermostats can save you money, but what if you only have a window air conditioner — are you left out in the cold?  Maybe not if you plug your AC unit into the WIN100 programmable thermostat from Lux.  The thermostat plugs into the wall and cycles the power to a window AC unit or space heater depending on the current temperature set point.

You can program different temperature set points from 45°F to 90°F for both heating and cooling.  The day is divided into four different periods, and you can have different set points for weekdays and weekends.  Plus you can temporarily override the current set point without screwing up the programming.  You can program the thermostat before plugging it into the wall, so you don’t have to sit on the floor trying to set it — or you can just use the preset program.

The thermostat is rated for 120V and 15A and it only works with products that automatically start after cycling the power.  So check your manual before you invest $35 to $50 in the WIN100.

WIN100 [Lux]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

7 Responses to Programmable Thermostat For Window AC Units

1. Brau says:

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for, and at a good price too. There are times when I want to control an appliance (heater, fans, heat lamps, etc) by room temperature and this little device fills the bill perfectly.

2. MR P says:

I got 2 of them they work great but you have to have the old fashion air conditioner or make sure that you ac will turn back on after it looses power and not have to hit they power button

3. Brau says:

BTW: On sale on Amazon for $35. Hard price to beat!

4. Toolaremia says:

I also have a few of these. Got them a few years ago when I moved into a house without central A/C. Use them in the Summer for the window A/C’s, and in the Winter for space heaters. Easy to program, reliable, and I think under appreciated. I use another in the Winter to turn off my garage dehumidifier when the interior temp drops below 50 degrees.

5. BJN says:

Nice find, thanks for the tip and to the detail provided by readers.

6. sandy hargett says:

can this be used with a hotel heating and cooling unit. they are plugged into a bigger outlet

7. Fred says:

I have Hampton Bay ac/heat unit. Will this thermostat work for this type of unit? Please let me know. I could not find exact thermostat. Model #: HBD24H-B 23500/23000 Cooling and 16000/13400 Heating BTU/HR (230/208v-). Thanks.