This patent-pending paint can holder from Lee Valley fits both the flat rungs of a stepladder and the D-rungs of an extension ladder.  It holds either a quart or gallon can steady, and you can easily pick it up and move it to the next set of rungs.

They construct the holder from galvanized steel rod and attach a strong magnet on the top of the holder to hold those ferrous-ferrule brushes while you rest.  The can rests on the bottom of the holder and is held in place by a mono-polymer belt that adjusts to the size of the container.  The entire holder weighs just 9oz.

You can purchase this contraption for $7.

Paint Can Holder [Lee Valley]

Tagged with:

7 Responses to If You MUST Paint From The Can At Least It’s Secure

1. Deelow says:

Okay, I am not a painter by trade but I’ve done enough of it to know what’s convenient and what works. I’m sorry but that just looks like a recipe for disaster. I have a paint pal and it’s alright but I hate having to buy liners for that damn thing. Stinking painting, I hate painting, basically the only way I’d buy this contraption is if it were going to be used by someone else. I’d rather get jumped by a gang than have to paint anything with a brush.

Stupid Painting!!!!

2. fred says:

If you want to do the job, take the time to learn how to do it right.
    Pour the right amount of paint into a pail and work from that.
    Learn how to properly load the brush etc.

3. Deelow says:

Amen to what Fred said, I still hate painting though.

4. JamesB says:

Say Deelow, how do you like painting?

5. Angelo says:

If you hold the paint can in your hand, you’ll always know where it is and what it’s doing. It doesn’t get much cleaner than that.

6. mwilliam says:

This is the dumbest thing ever.

7. Shopmonger says:

Deelow and Fred have said it all. Just get some old tupperware and use that to control the amount that is exposed ot the air, and if there is an accident you are only spilling a few oz’s not a gallon……besides give a small bucket to your kids and let them paint on the wall. (with the right color for once)