Hanging Christmas lights each year can be both a chore and a danger — the less time you spend up on that ladder the better.  The Fast Trax track light system makes it easier to put up your Christmas lights and get them straight the first time.  When the holiday season ends, Fast Trax also stores your lights tangle-free.

The system requires a bit of setup time, but at least most of that’s spent on the ground.  You first attach the lights to the tracks with cord clips.  Once that’s done you install the small, clear snap buttons on your home, then you just snap the Fast Trax in place.

When you’re ready to take the lights down for the season, you just unsnap the tracks and store them with the lights still attached.  The unobtrusive clear buttons stay on the house ready to accept the tracks next year.

The most common Fast Trax system works with mini lights or icicle lights.  The set includes 10 pieces of track spanning up to 23′, five joiner pieces, 20 snap buttons (two per track), 100 cord clips, 20 shingle clips, 20 gutter clips, and a storage rack.

Look to pay anywhere between $10 and $20 for the Fast Trax Deluxe light track system.

Fast Trax [Emerald Innovations]
Fast Trax [Seasonal Connections]
Street Pricing [Google]

Tagged with:

6 Responses to Hang Christmas Lights On The Fast Tra(x)ck

1. Mike Y says:

Dang – wish I’d known about this before Thanksgiving!

2. jbl says:

we’ve been doing a simple version of this for years.

I attach the lights to a series of 1X2s each with a bicycle hook at each end of the 1x2s. Then I get out in the yard with a 12 foot pole and starting at one end and I hang them from the gutters

3. Jim Howard says:

I am trying to find a place to purchase the Fast Trax system. The websites mentioned are not valid, and the Fast Trax web site is for sale. Any help would be appreciated.

• Ray Jay says:

Hey not sure if you are still looking but if you in Canada, Canadian Tire has them on clearance for $5 – just picked it up today!

4. Tom says:

I can’t see how these fast track mounting systems can be ordered.

5. Mary Kennedy says:

Jim, if you ever find out where you can order these from, I am in desperate need of them too. I bought them years ago and love them but ours are getting broken from wear and constantly changing the lights on them.

I have looked all over last year and this year (2013) and couldn’t find them anywhere. I would love to know where to get them so I will have them for Christmas 2014.