This Task Force 10” miter saw helped me get into woodworking.  Simple to operate and reasonably priced at around $90, this workhorse has graced every wood project in the Toolmonger shop with accurate mitered cuts — it’s great for anyone setting up a shop.

Just un-box the unit, bolt it to a solid surface, and add wood.  The notched angle guide attached to the pivot knob is easy to adjust, and you don’t have to sand or alter the cuts to make your joints fit together even and true.  It also doubles as a small chop saw for straight-cut trim and boards that’ll fit in the saw –- and some that won’t.

It’s not the best saw out there, and it might not last as long as some of the better-put-together units — but for the last two years this tool has seen daily use, and it’s never given any operator the slightest hint of a problem.

We’ll most likely wind up with a more robust saw in the shop, but we can’t bring ourselves to exchange the Task Force for a fancier rig with sliding and compound capability, because it still works for what we need it to do — and we can’t imagine doing without it.

Street Pricing [Google]

11 Responses to TM’s 2008 Favorites: Task Force 10″ Miter Saw

1. ed says:

this is the third time and still no answer i have the task force 10″miter saw i lost the 6 mm screws for the side cover on the blade can you sell me the screws or tell me where to get them i need 2 but i will buy 4 if possible thanks hope to hear from you

2. allen gilbert says:

i have a 10 inch miter saw i need a new trigger and handle to fix my saw where can i buy them al

3. annette says:

im with u allen i need a new handle for my10 inch task force compound miter saw but i can’t find where to get one any ideas?

4. Sean O'Hara says:

Welp since Task force isn’t a Lowes item anymore you’re going to back to the manufactuer. Somewhere on the saw or in the manual is a number to the folks who made it start there and go to their customer support area and see where they send you. Several compaines made this saw so it’s just a matter of tracking it down that way. It will either be super easy or a nightmare. I wish you the best my friend.

5. gladys says:

Guys can you help, I dropped..yes dreopped my dad saw, and the part that glides the blade sheild down broke where can I get another???

6. L. Woods says:

Phone # on the saw is 1800/243-5114 We need a part too.

7. timmy says:

This thing is a piece of s***, I do not know where the poster or you guys are using the thing, but i have never been even remotely satisfied with it. It takes two hours just to fine tune a miter cut since as you turn the tightening knob, the whole saw moves, or the fact that the back fence parts don’t even line up. Piece of s***

8. carlos says:

Where can i get a fence for my 10 in miter saw

9. I need the safety guard for my 10 ” compound miter saw task force

10. I went to cut 45 angel with a 32 angel fence did not raise blade hit it and broke it and almost got my fingers a safety issue