Special projects often involve loading and unloading a lot of stuff from the back of the shop truck, and a tailgate ladder can make the whole process more pleasant.  This one’s side-mount position caught my eye — powder-coated and rated at 300 pounds, it should be durable and sturdy enough for most one-man jobs.

There’s no pricing on R.E.L. Stapleton’s website, but it should run in the same ballpark as other tailgate ladders, say $150 or so.

Tailgate Ladder [R.E.L. Stapleton]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

6 Responses to Tailgate Ladder

1. Barri says:

My built in trailer step on my f150 is very usefull. Not sure what it cost me but its def worth the money.

2. Jared says:

I ordered this ladder at ergotechtools.com – it’s cheaper than your estimate J.R. and works like you thought. I haul a lot of feed bags and different tools for farm work and it sure does beat jumping into the bed and jumping down.
    So far so good, great buy!

3. Ben says:

You can get this ladder for $50 at http://www.stylintrucks.com

4. patrick jensen says:

you should turn that into a bedexstension with same material extending the side higed to open outward or remove for a ladder,like tracks in the back of it so first open gate then slide extension then open like car door and lift hinge to remove and reattach for ladder.could be in a better looking chrome material

5. Chris Jackson says:

Is the tailgate ladder still available? I am having trouble finding a source.

6. Bill says:

I just saw this item for sale thru kotulas.com for $64.99.