Don’t stand in the bucket of your front-end loader to trim trees! With this tool, you’ll never have to worry about ending up in one of our Doh! posts again, at least not for light tree trimming work… The 68-lb. LimbHog attaches quickly to the auxiliary hydraulics of your front-end loader, offering an eight-foot reach from the bucket and a chain speed of 5,000 RPM. This’ll trim a lot of trees in a hurry.

You’ll probably find this most useful if you manage an orchard or tree farm. But if you just want to open up the jungle on your property to the point you could call it a grove or even a clearing, the LimbHog could make it easier — so could a front-end loader!

Amazon lists the LimbHog for $2,500.

LimbHog [Corporate Site]
Via Amazon [What’s This?] [What's This?]

7 Responses to LimbHog

1. Chris says:

My absolute favourite part of this video is where the narrator is saying “you won’t have to be underneath the falling limbs”, just as a limb is falling directly onto the skid loader to which the Limb Hog is attached.

That being said, this is pretty neat, but I think I’d like to see a version on a much longer arm, like 20 feet or so.

cl

2. Kurt Schwind says:

Environmentally friendly? That’s a bit of a stretch, isn’t it? I mean, it’s using the motor on the front-end loader. Is the FE Loader electric?

3. J.R. Bluett says:

Chris, I think I saw on the LimbHog site that you can special order longer versions, there may be hope!
    Kurt, I did wonder about the environmental part. I chose to pick other battles. After all, we do tools, and some of them are definitely not PC or environtally friendly for all of their usefullness and necessity.

4. eschoendorff says:

Damn, that is cool! Now I have an excuse to buy a skid loader…..

5. Scott says:

http://www.limbinatorsaws.com is a much better version…has extension booms

6. Dean says:

There seem to be several of these tools on the market. One sold by LimbSaw.com has CE certification for international safety standards. Saw it in Northern Tool catalog for $1899.