atlas fit 300 work gloves

Spend any amount of time working with your hands, and you’ll definitely find yourself shopping for gloves. Whether you work inside or out, a good set of work gloves can make all the difference in the world. They keep your hands clean, provide a better grip on your tools and your work, and improve your overall comfort. Today you can choose from hundreds of gloves — but, in my opinion, most of them can’t hold a candle to the Atlas gloves.

Instantly recognizable and widely used, you’ll see the Atlas Fit 300 gloves on all kinds of jobs, from landscaping and construction to security system installations and even tree climbing — the uses are limited only by your imagination. I even read of a guy who uses ‘em to protect his fingers while playing the guitar — no joke.

The Atlas Fit 300 glove consists of a seamless polycotton liner dipped in latex to provide excellent grip, dexterity, and durability. The rough, latex palm coating also provides protection against punctures and abrasion, while the open back allows for maximum breathability. Made by Showa Co. USA, the original Atlas Glove comes in four sizes: S, M, L, and XL. Showa also offers many variants of the Atlas, including a cut-resistant, Kevlar-lined glove and a thermal-lined glove for colder climates.

Although the Atlas won’t replace every glove in the shed, you’ll definitely be reaching for those thick, cumbersome, leather gloves less often. You can get knockoffs, but I suggest you buy the higher-quality original. They’re very affordable, with a street price starting at $3 and 12-packs available for $20. For the money, you can’t buy a more versatile glove.

Altlas Fit 300 Gloves [Showa]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What's This?]

11 Responses to The Best Work Gloves Ever?

1. Tom says:

The wife and I have similar gloves that are green, she has small hands and loves that they small actually fits. I think they are pretty awesome too; great fit, decent protection and they can stand to get a little wet. I usually use them for dirty work when I don’t want to get my better work gloves to nasty. If I could only have one pair of work gloves these would be them though.

2. Stuart says:

Never heard of this brand. I’m a bit fond of Ansell’s hyflex series of gloves.

3. Brice says:

Ditto on the hyflex. The big problem with the latex palm is that it doesn’t breath. They get hot and sweaty very quickly. The hyflex gloves use a palm with pores, like a piece of foam, grip is just as good but it breathes. They also provide more dexterity.

4. Nik says:

I’ve used these gloves for years. While they are good for gardening and light chores, I learned to love them for feeding stingrays and then cleaning up after them. While I volunteering as a diver at the National Aquarium In Baltimore several years ago, we got a box of these to wear while working. They gave a good grip on smelt and squid. They made it fairly easy to distinguish between smelt and shrimp by feel. The gave reasonable protection from scraps from ray teeth. They are not armored and are not much use if a ray chomps down on your fingers.

5. TimG says:

Love these types of gloves, all I use in the garage now. Beats mechanix gloves by a mile! Would like to check otu these Hyflex ones for the summer, insulated ones for the winter are awesome.

They last forever too (for home use), more than I can say for Mechanix type gloves. They don’t look as ‘cool’ but I wouldn’t reach for anything else.

6. I used to use these working at a grocery store. Loved them except that they wore out after a few weeks of stocking. Now I use Cat brand gloves. Last longer, roughly the same price and they come in always stylish black.

7. NotTheSharpestSpoon says:

arestore.com/81-511-cloth-work-glove

8. NotTheSharpestSpoon says:

9. Stutz says:

I have used these for moving around heavy bags and boxes of coin at my job in the cash-handling industry. They’re great for a day or two, but after that the latex starts getting holes and peeling off the cloth. Then comes the smell. After about a week I have to throw them away because I can’t wash the stink off my fingers. Still searching for an alternative for heavy-lifting applications. Anyone know anything that WON’T get holes in the fingers or tear at the seams after a week or so, and still has good grip (unlike Mechanix-type gloves)?

10. Peter says:

I’ve used these for a house remodel before. They work fine but just don’t expect to them to last long. I would recommend buying the 12pack.

11. Jack Clark says:

These gloves realy are great…with one exception…they don’t breath. The Great Grips that I now use from THEHOMEDEPOT.COM grip just as well but breath. They are light and comfortable and last forever.