wire.jpg

This wire bending jig helps you bend wire neatly and accurately to make everything from custom pegboard tool holders to more creative projects like jewelry. Most importantly, it spares you the messy results and frustration of trying to bend wire just with pliers or your hands.

With this cast aluminum jig, you can bend up to 1/4″ mild steel wire. Just fit the wire into the grooves for simple angular bends, or insert the steel pegs to shape the wire in more complex shapes and curves. With two screw holes you can mount the jig to a bench, so you can apply more force to your bends. It’s one of those things you buy for one reason and keep finding uses for — at about $10, I can’t think of a reason not to get one.

Wire Bending Jig [Lee Valley]
Street Price [Google Products]

10 Responses to Wire Bending Jigs

1. Eric says:

I have one of these, and I have used it a number of times for making parts and hooks. I’m pretty sure I got mine at Harbor Freight, though I might have gotten it mail-order. I mounted mine to a small board, which I can then clamp to the workbench when needed (or grip in the bench vise).

2. Kaden says:

Damned useful bit of kit. It’s embarrassing how often I use mine.

3. [...] Wire Bending Jigs This looks like a cool tool. (tags: tools) [...]

4. Hank says:

I have owned one for years. It is still in the original plastic container, never used. I just forget I have it. So it goes.

5. Gapsard de Coligny says:

Mad a recess in spare wood with router, screwed it inside… so I avoid to do unexpected 3D bends…

6. Fred says:

The one I have bears the name Royal 335 – made in Korea.
    I’ve used it many times over the years for light duty work (it is a cheap casting – so tou can only bend fairly soft matrials.
    I’ve seen a lever actuated jig (part no. 82819) that is sold in the MicroMark catalog:

It seems more robust – but I’ve never used one.

I also have created a few jigs from short pieces of pipe (nipples) – with slots cut in one end to hook the rod or bar stock into and bend into circular shape.
    With different pipe diameters you can get various radii bends.

7. Chip Lis says:

I have been interested in making wire racks and containers for some time. I am not interested in jewelry making. Do you have any resources for me?

8. Geoff says:

I bought one of these on line. It says it will bend up to 1/4 mild steel. The key words are “UP TO” I tried bending 1/4 mild steel rod and did not even get one bend before it broke. Invest in something more substancial unless all you want to bend is coat hanger.

9. Rob says:

Could this jig make safety pins/ laundry pins?

10. CraftWeaver says:

I purchased one of these from another source but they did not send the instructions sheet. Does anyone know if this sheet can be found anywhere online?

Thanks!