minijack2.jpg

Can’t afford a new aluminum racing jack? Maybe you can swing Craftsman’s $25 miniature version. It’s only 8-1/4″ long, but it’s a fully-functional model of Craftsman’s full-size version. And although this mini jack is only intended for display, we’ve heard of it crazy people employing it to lift various light objects like toy carts and desks.

But whether you set this on display or play with it until it breaks, this “collectible” is sure to stand out at home or in the workplace. Sporting a $25 pricetag, this would make a great late holiday gift — for yourself. Don’t forget that Sears has posted a $5 coupon to make the price a bit sweeter.

Mini Model Racing Jack [Sears]

12 Responses to Craftsman’s Miniature Racing Jack

1. [...] unknown wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptOn my last trip to Sears, I spotted the above mini model racing jack – a working model of Craftsman’s full-size version. Although this mini jack is only intended for display, customers have reported using it to lift various object such … [...]

2. Old Donn says:

Don’t know about the rest of you, I don’t have the money or space to buy toys.

3. Nold Dog says:

Maybe for a Mini Cooper??

4. Eddie says:

I wonder how much it holds. Add a brick on top, and it might lift the rear wheel of a small motorcycle off the ground just enough to lube the chain or remove the tire. Hmm….. I think I’ll pick one up and try it out.

5. Ted says:

Seriously? $25 for this unusable piece of junk?

I thought this was *tool*monger, not *tchotchke*monger. Save electrons and cover actual tools and not crap like this.

6. Dano says:

I have this thing. I bought it about 2 years ago. I can’t believe the kid clerk told me “you know this can’t be used on cars right? ” I wanted to curse him out but I just said, “yeah ok”. I think it fits in with the Craftsman tool chest I have in my home office.

I’m going to give it a test when I get home and see what it could lift. I never thought about actually using it to jack anything up.

7. Dano says:

Well, I jacked up a few things around the house. So far, the max payload I tried was a 15 lbs frozen turkey.

8. Thanks for the photos, Dano. By the way, your home office looks very nice and cleancut!

The jack really doesn’t look out of place on your desk at all.

9. Sweetalker says:

This is the same jack that comes with a Husky brand jack and jackstands at home depot for 159. I have lifter 185lbs with mine, and it gave in under 235. The threads pulled out of the aluminum.

10. Teacher says:

Dano, you might have gotten mad, but considering some of the lawsuits I see being filed and won, Sears probably wants to tell people that so they have some protection when some moron really tries to raise a car with one of these and gets hurt.

11. ed says:

own two and they work wonderfully for shifting refrigerators and stoves

12. john says:

i have one and it lifted over 300 pounds it broke at 576 pounds i bought 2 more and use them to lift furniture to put glides under them