post-tite-tie.jpg

Remember the Tite-Tie, the famous trucker’s knot for dummies? We posted about it back in March after receiving a tip from an astute reader, and the post generated a lot of discussion — both positive and negative. At the time it was only available in Australia, though inventor Chris Howard posted in comments that “it’d be available in the US soon.”

Well, today we received an email from him indicating that the Tite-Tie is now available at Home Depot. We tried in vain to find it via the ‘Depot’s infamously-bad search engine, but then again my recent search for “rigid conduit” didn’t return a single stick of conduit, either. So we’ll probably have to look in the brick ‘n mortar isles to see for sure.

If anyone happens to see it in the store, let us know in comments. And if you pick one up, we’d love to hear how it fares in actual use.

Original Tite-Tie Post [Toolmonger]

18 Responses to Tite-Tie Now Available In The US — Or So We Hear

1. Andy says:

Haven’t seen these at Home Depot, but Lee Valley has an item that appears similar here:
    I’ve also seen this particular item at an Eastern Mountain Sports store.
    Hope this helps,
    Andy

2. Sy says:

I’d love to know those “9 different ways to tie trucker’s knot” the inventor of this thing referred to. I think I’ll need them when I loose this thing…

3. [...] Tite-Tie Now Available In The US — Or So We Hear [Toolmonger] [...]

4. McAngryPants says:

Oh sweet 8lb 2oz baby jesus Home Depot’s www site stinks!!! Anyone found this elsewhere?

5. If anyone out there can’t find the Tite-Tie in store, you can always buy directly from my US representative IDL Tools Int.

Their web is http://www.idltools.com and contact details: info@idltools.com or 1-(888)-806-8225

6. Sy says:

Nothing on their website.

Google search:

“No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search – Tite-tie site: http://www.idltools.com – did not match any documents.”

7. Ask and you shall receive.

My local HD did in fact have the Tite-Tie in some snazy packaging for a hair less than $7.

Forgive the shaky camera phone pic – I had borg “can I help you” drones staring me down.

8. Thanks Stuart, that’s the Home Depot TiteTie. We changed the packaging to accommodate a photo step-by-step bonus instruction card inside and a rubber tie to keep them together.

Sy, the TiteTie isn’t on the IDL Tools web site yet as IDL Tools have just started distributing it. We plan on launching a special US TiteTie web site, http://www.titetie.com. Contact info@idltools.com or call 1-888-806-8225 if your Home Depot doesn’t have the TiteTie, I’m sure you can buy directly from them

9. John says:

I found a much smaller version for tent ropes (strings? 1/4″ diameter) at a local camping/sporting/farm & barn supply. Haven’t used them yet but I’m looking forward to trying.

10. Hi John, can you send me a photo of the small version, I’d like to see how they look, send to chris.h@tite-tie.com.au thanks

11. PutnamEco says:

Hey Tite-Tie Inventor,(anyone) any chance you have the Home Depot sku number? or UPC? Local depot hasn’t heard of your product.

12. Putnam – take a look at the link I posted a few comments above. I posted a photo of the pricetag which has what looks to be a product # and SKU. =)

13. PutnamEco says:

Re:
    ============================================
    Took what I could make out from the photo to HD and they said they had no listing for those numbers. Photo is kinda blurry. I could not get the number over IDT tools internat, nor could I read the number below. I did give them the number above and below the barcode.

14. Hi PutnamEco, sorry I don’t have the SKU number either, try contacting the US distributor IDL Tools on info@idltools.com or call 1-888-806-8225. Or try quoting the product number TT2000 or IDL Tools.

I’m trying to get a list of all the Home Depot stores, I’ll post it when I do.

15. Jonesy says:

I just Googled Tite-Tie and found it on the US based website (www.idltools.com/products/TT2200/) The site is not as complete a site as the Aussie site but it is definately the same product. You can buy it from these guys as well.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

16. Hi Jonesy, that’s correct, IDL Tools is my US representative. The product is exactly the same just different packaging with a slight name change to TiteTie.

The TiteTie is available to buy at The Home Depot stores in the New Jersey and Texas areas. We plan on expanding to all Home Depot stores later this year.

17. Mike Williams says: