1.5 HP GASOLINE AUGER DRILL

Harbor Freight is currently offering this 1-1/2 hp gas-powered auger drill for $180.  It features a 7/8″ drive shaft that spins at 150 rpm, and it ships with a 30-3/4″ auger bit.  And like any small engine-powered tool, its a polluter – so you can’t order it from California.

But it sure looks like it’d beat the crap out of a post hole digger.  Damn, I hate post hole diggers.

1-1/2 HP Gasoline Auger Drill [Harbor Freight]

7 Responses to Dealmonger: A Gasoline Auger Drill For $180

1. F451 says:

I want one of these just to piss my neighbor off by augering the hell out of his front lawn, and then telling him he has gophers—followed-up by telling him not to let them migrate to my yard! ;)

2. Teacher says:

I wonder how much one could make if they bought a bunch of these then took them to California to sell? If I was closer then North Carolina, I might find out.

3. Green Mike says:

I think you are missing the point, only CA is smart enough to ban these fume spewwing monsters. The rest of the country should follow suit.

4. Steve says:

Lets be serious about this. Will this actually work or will it crap out after the first hole or what will happen when you hit a tree root or rock?

5. Stephen K says:

I’m with Steve. I would really hesitate to buy anything for a significant amount of money from Harbor Freight. Dirt Cheap, throw-away handtools yes, 180$ auger drill, no.

6. [...] Now when I say auger, I’m sure you’re thinking something to the affect of one of these things. But nah, not exactly the best thing to use IN a PVC pipe that bends and turns. It was more like [...]

7. Carlos Ramirez says:

Necesito un ahoyador (auger) para siembra de arboles. quisiera costos y forma de envio a Guatemala