post-multi-vise.jpg

Dremel keeps punching out great accessories for their already-ubiquitous rotary tool — like their new “multi-vise.”  Think of it as a bigger, beefier version of the “third-hand” style vises you use for electronics work.

It has the same swivel-type base — which is removable to allow you to sit the unit on a bench directly — but its padded jaws can handle heavier objects.

The base will clamp to any bench up to 2-1/2″ thick and rotates 360 degrees while tilting up to 50 degrees, allowing you to lock your work in a good position.

This should hit shelves in March, and Dremel says it’ll retail for around $35.

The Multi-Vise [Dremel]

9 Responses to Preview: Dremel’s Multi-Vise

1. Paul says:

Hobby vises can be handy, not nearly as handy as big metal vises are, but handy none the less. I am a man of many vices myself. I have a Panavise for my hobby vise. And a Record Quick Vise too, as an intermediate lightweight vise. I paid $5 for the Record Quick Vise at a flea market a couple of years back now. Then one of them cheap, clamp it to a 2×4 types of vises. Believe it or not that 2×4 vise sees more action than the other two put together.

I can use that 2×4 vise as a clamp, a stop, a holder, or a vise.

Trying to find an example of my vise I ran across this:

This isn’t like what I have but I think it is a good deal.

This is the style of mine. but mine is a much bigger piece of junk. Mine has like an aluminum body and stuff. I doubt I paid much more than $3 for my 2×4 vise.

These are really handy. I still like my big bench mounted metal vises the best through.

2. nrChris says:

Not to be negative, but the Dremel stuff that I have used lately (Planer, plunge router attachment and drill press) have all been of a quality that I cannot say matches that of the rotary tools themselves. Some of it is plastic junk, particularly the press. They even look the part to some extent.

I dunno, I would buy a machinists vice or a couple of third hand tools before I would even consider this. My $0.02.

3. Rob says:

If this turns out to be a decent tool, I’d snap one up. It’s quite a bit less than the Panavise I really want to get.

4. Eric G says:

Go with the Panavise, you will not be disappointed, especially if you do any electronics work. The additional heads for circuit board holding make it a much more flexible choice and the build quality is very high.

5. Don says:

I think irwin has a very similar vice that uses their quick clamp bar clamp. I have one and it works very well. I don’t see much difference between this and that. I’m pretty sure the irwin vice was also about half the price.

6. Dan says:

Dremel products are disappointing pieces of junk in my opinion. Not well thought out. They might look nice, but as a useful tool… they are garbage.

7. Satinder says:

I prase the paul forgings Bench Vise which is similarly to Record shifield
    England and their cross & tapper rib vises.Thanks to mighty for their
    good vise they manufature in india.

8. Bob says:

Paul have intoduces new product T Bar Clamp sash Bar clamp

9. Bob says:

If you want to buy good quality Sash bar Or T bar clamp than you go
    to the website of http://www.paulforgings.com